Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2004 19:00

4 dead pixels, 3 white corners, 2 red ears and a guy about to lose his cool, 20.1 lcd

Good Day All,

I recieved my monitor on Friday (20.1 LCD) let me tell you it looks great, nice finish, good, strong stand.  Oh and did I mention when I plug it in I have 4 dead pixels and bleeding from 3 of 4 corners.  Dell, what are you doing?  You send this sub standard product out the door and Im suppose to feel secure about giving you 900 dollars of my money? 

The jist:

Monday morning, chatted with order support, I need to return my monitor I have blah blah blah problems with it, ok sir all we need is the serial number and we can send you a replacement out, darn serial number is at home and Im at work, called the wife got the serial number, reconnected to order support, we cant help you, you have to contact tech support.  TECH SUPPORT!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!  the last bunch of monkeys i want to talk to, so I call tech support, and oh my, i would rather have my vegg hairs pulled out 1 by 1 with rusty tweezers then to do that again.  First thing i had to repeat my problem to this tech support girl at leat 5 times, she didnt understand me which shocked me because of all the returns for the same thing lately.  Then of all things she tried to tell me this was a NEW feature of the lcd.......  Oh and by the way the entire call took 55 minutes, ok so, she argues with me for awhile about this new feature, then I tell her, look, I have a good 20.1 lcd here and a bad lcd monitor here, the one I recieved looks nothing like the other one I have sitting here.  Just send me a replacement now.  Ok sir for the sake of customer satisfaction we will be sending  you a replacement today and you will have that tomorrow.  OK, thanks, oh please repeat all my information to me so I know you dont send it to ireland or something.  Ok thanks. 

Tuesday, NO MONITOR, chatted with order support today.  "Sir, your order was processed today and its going out next day air to you and you will have it tomorrow."  By the way this guys name was roger and he had no mispelled words or bad broken english. 

Tomorrow, i was suppose to have it today, we are sorry for the inconvenience sir, but your order didnt ship till today. 

Dell has caused me so much grief, I have never dealt with a company that you hand them 900 dollars and they turn around and give it to their cousin in guatamala and say, "we'll get your order out to you just as soon as we get some more 12 year old to build it." 

Words of encouragement needed.

thanks for wasting time reading my dell experience summary.

20 Posts

August 17th, 2004 21:00

It gets better, I got back on to chat with order support and they told me my order was being sent by dhl and they gave me a tracking number, I also got a reply back from chandler a moderator because I posted in the forum that I wanted status on my rma, and chandler told me it was going by fed ex, and they both gave me the same tracking number and both shippers aren't pulling up any info.

How sweet it isn't.

August 17th, 2004 21:00

If you purchased the monitor with a credit card, call the credit card company up and ask them to put a payment hold until this is resolved.  That will get Dell's attention real fast.  Or, send the darn thing back with a letter telling whom ever, of the problems you had with the monitor and tech support, and that you will not purchase from them again.  Or, just bite the bullet and keep complaining until you get what you paid for.  You have 21 days from the invoice date to send it back and either get a replacement or send it back for good without a replacement.  But your 21 day return period is ticking by real fast, so don't let them stall you past that point.   Good luck to you.

8 Posts

August 18th, 2004 02:00

About a week ago I received my 20.1 with no bad pixels and no apparent bleeding in the corners, and reading this thread makes me want to return it and get something else. I mean, the 20.1 is a good LCD, but it's not utterly fabulous, and the prospect--nay, the threat--of having this kind of trouble now or eventually with this LCD is sufficient for me to give returning it serious thought. There are plenty of good 19" monitors out there, even some 20s and about (though at this point I'd be more inclined to a pair of 17s or 19s).

Anyway, thanks for this thread. I hope it generates a good deal of heat for Dell. 

For my part, I'm on the brink of a return.

58 Posts

August 18th, 2004 19:00

Why on earth would you consider returning a monitor that you just said was working great and had no problems??

8 Posts

August 18th, 2004 22:00

I would consider returning it because of the shabby treatment this guy who started the thred seems to be getting.  what if I suddenly start having trouble with mine?  it's been in use less than a week, so who is to say it'll continue to operate as it has so far?

August 19th, 2004 02:00

Any monitor you purchase, either from Dell, Gateway or at Best Buy, could go bad on you.  Just because you bought one from Dell and some owner's are having problems, does not mean your's  will.  God only knows how many thousands of monitors are sold by Dell that are just fine.  Only the problem monitors are posted, not the other way around. 

20 Posts

August 19th, 2004 02:00

Good Day All,

I recieved my new monitor today (by fed ex) and I just have to tell you, what a beaut!  This is one fantabulous monitor.

No bleeding or dead pixels, just pure black crisp and clean, now if I just had my pc to plug it into........  (shipped on Monday, ibuypower.com, woo hoo)

Now I have to send the other one back.  Small hassle, nothing I cant handle.

I started this thread to warn people about dells customer service, and to stay determined to get satisfaction.

One for the little guy.

Word.

1.3K Posts

August 19th, 2004 20:00

Cool, it worked out well for you!
No Events found!