Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

4 Posts

January 16th, 2017 05:00

Add 16:9+5:9 PBP on your ultrawide monitors

Could it somehow be possible to get an update for your ultrawides which would allow a picture-by-picture ratio other than 1:1.

I think that many people, myself included bought an ultrawide to replace a dual screen setup. However, only having only ONE actual monitor poses some everyday problems for people like me. I miss the ability to full screen youtube/other video material on one screen and still be able to work on the other screen. Same goes for gaming and other content that benefits from having 2 actual screens.

Using PBP your are able to have "two" actual screens, and thus being able to fullscreen one screen and work on the other display. But I would like to be able to adjust the ratio between the screens in PBP mode (adjust the portion of the screen-estate they "cover"), like for instance 1920:1440 for main, and 1520x1440 for sub, or 2160x1440 + 1280x1440, or maybe most usefull 2560x1440+880x1440 giving you a 16:9 main display for video/consol gaming/you-name-it-16:9 content, and a sub display for webbrowsing word-processing etc.

I do know that I could use your Display Manager "Easy arrange", but it does not help the fullscreen issue nor using PBP for gaming on a consol/watching TV from an other source.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 17th, 2017 07:00

If you are asking for Dell to change the current manufacturer specifications and update/change the monitor firmware for all currently selling ultrawide models, that will not happen. The monetary cost would be way too much to Dell. We can certainly send your comments to the Displays Team as something to think about for future models.

4 Posts

January 17th, 2017 12:00

I would have liked the ability to update the monitor with firmware that had this feature... :/ Yes please forward my suggestion! I do no understand why it is not already a feature...  

3 Posts

August 12th, 2020 02:00

Has this feature been implemented yet in Dell ultrawides? I want to split the screen to game on the 16:9 section "full screen" while running Discord or YouTube on the 5:9 section.

Not having that option is a literal deal breaker for me for buying a Dell monitor.

No Events found!