Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2010 10:00

Asking for :Rerun your monitor calibration software

When I attempt to open Photoshop CS3 a window pops up ( never did before) and it states

" The monitor profile " LCDcolor management and conversion " appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software.
My question is:
What software? Why does it all of a sudden need to be run? How can I fix this.
When I try to use photoshop anyway I cannot get white background colors to appear. I only knot what I need to know about photoshop. I do knot that I always had a white color to pick from my swatches.
I would appreciate any help.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 28th, 2010 09:00

What specific monitor model?

33 Posts

January 31st, 2010 00:00

When I attempt to open Photoshop CS3 a window pops up ( never did before) and it states

" The monitor profile " LCDcolor management and conversion " appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software.
My question is:
What software? Why does it all of a sudden need to be run? How can I fix this.
When I try to use photoshop anyway I cannot get white background colors to appear. I only knot what I need to know about photoshop. I do knot that I always had a white color to pick from my swatches.
I would appreciate any help.

Mine said the same thing for CS4 except it said between your quotation marks: " The monitor profile " Dell SP2309W" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software.

This was after I installed the driver for the monitor. After I saw this, I right clicked on my desktop, clicked on "Screen Resolution", then clicked on "Advanced Settings", then clicked "Color Mangagement", then to "Profiles". Go through calibrating your monitor and save. Photoshop should open without that popup after that.

2 Posts

January 31st, 2010 03:00

Thank you. I will try this when I get to work.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 31st, 2010 04:00

Use the beta U2410.ICM file and tell me if the error goes away.

8 Posts

July 25th, 2010 00:00

Hello,

Im sorry to post in this old topic but I have the same issue.

I get the message in Adobe Photoshop cs3 that says  "The monitor profile "Dell SP2309W" appears to be defective. Please run your monitor calibration software"

Until i got the sp2309w monitor i never got this message. I tried to do as you suggest in the other post above but the "profile" option is greyed out. And under devices it simply lists "Dell SP2309W (default)". I dont have a calibration tool so i have no idea how to fix this issue.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit if that matters, any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Fred

Bump

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 27th, 2010 20:00

You tried this?

I right clicked on my desktop, clicked on "Screen Resolution", then clicked on "Advanced Settings", then clicked "Color Mangagement", then to "Profiles". Go through calibrating your monitor and save. Photoshop should open without that popup after that.

8 Posts

July 27th, 2010 22:00

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the reply i appreciate it.

The steps you gave me dont work i get no option for screen res when right clicking the desktop.
But if i go into control panel and select "Color Management" it open a window with 3 tabs labeled "Devices, All Profiles, Advanced".
Now under "Devices" tab it lists ICC Profiles as "Dell SP2309W(default)"  and there are 4 box's greyed out and they are "Add, Remove, Set as Default Profile, and Profiles" They are all greyed out and can't be selected, even if i highlight the "Dell SP2309W(default)" icc profile.

Then under the next tab "All profiles" there are about 20 profiles listed and i get 2 options if i click one of those profiles, the options are "Add, Remove" and right clicking those profiles also do nothing.

The next tab is "Advanced" and there are multiple selectable items the titles are as follows "Device Profile, Viewing conditions profile, Default rendering intent, Perceptual(photo images), Relative Colorimetric(line art), Absolute Colormetric(simulated paper), Business Graphics(charts and graphs)".
They each have multiple drop down menus to select settings and at no time do i get any options to calibrate monitor.

I am attaching screen shots so you can see for your self.

As you see from my images the profile button is greyed out no matter what i do, and I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
Please let me know.

Thanks
Fred

8 Posts

July 27th, 2010 22:00

Hello chris,

Just a bit more info for you as well. On the first tab "Devices" if I check the box "Use my settings for this device" I can then click the profile box now.
But again there is no calibrate button under the Profile section i get 4 options which are "Combine my settings with system defaults, Reset my settings to system defaults, Load Associations, and last is Save Associations". There is no Calibrate option listed.

Thanks in advance

Fred

Edit P.s.( I should also note to you in case you don't know Adobe Photoshop CS3 does not come with a calibration tool anymore and hasn't for a long time cs2 was the last version to include it.)

8 Posts

July 29th, 2010 14:00

Hello Chris,

You can forget this email now, I went out and purchased Huey Pro and calibrated my monitor just a few minutes ago.

So i no longer require help.
Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks

Fred

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2010 07:00

Cool.

December 20th, 2010 18:00

You tried this?

I right clicked on my desktop, clicked on "Screen Resolution", then clicked on "Advanced Settings", then clicked "Color Mangagement", then to "Profiles". Go through calibrating your monitor and save. Photoshop should open without that popup after that.

I encountered the same problem, I followed it but it does not work, why?

8 Posts

December 20th, 2010 18:00

Hello,

Depending on what version Photoshop you are using they removed the Calibration tool, and they have no working tool at all anymore.

Also I have checked multiple Vista systems and I have not found a calibration tool for them with the steps the Dell rep listed.

I had to go out and buy a monitor calibration tool to get the message to stop.

And the Calibration tool is worth every penny, it has made pictures and games show crisp and clear vivid colors.

Hope this helps.
Grendor

16 Posts

June 3rd, 2011 19:00

Hey Chris, hopefully you can or someone here can  help me.  I'm getting the same error message, mentioned above, with my sp2309w monitor when I open Photoshop Elements 9.  When I right click on the desktop, go to Advanced settings, then color management tab, then click the color management button, then to the advance tab, there is a calibrate display button.  When I click that, it tells me that "This display currently uses a wide-gamut color profile.  The Display Color Calibration will create a color profile with a conventional gamut, which may be a poor fit for this display and result in distorted color appearance.  Do you want to continue anyway?"  So I got scared and cancelled out.  Should I continue?  or am I getting this message because maybe my resolution is not at 'native resolution'?  Right now it is at 2048x1152 (recommended).  I'm Windows7 OS.  Thanks

8 Posts

June 3rd, 2011 21:00

Hello,

That error is a pain.  I had tried everything I could on my vista machine, and I could not make the error go away.

In the end after much trouble and hassle I ended up buying a Pantone Huey Pro monitor calibrator.
As soon as I got it and used it it fixed the error and made the monitor colors correct, in fact I used it on all my systems.

I don't know about Windows 7 but if it is like Vista I would spend the $114.00 and buy the Pantone Huey Pro.

Sorry i could not be more help.
But I gave up after spending weeks trying to fix the issue, and bought the calibrator.
Hope you have better luck than I did.

1 Message

October 21st, 2011 01:00

I ve got the exact problem I ve been clicking use anyway,  sadly I dont understand enough to calibrate it on my own.

No Events found!