Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

October 4th, 2006 22:00

BSOD turning 2405 off/on while Watching USB TV

Hi All! first post here! I have a DVB TV USB 2.0 Card Terratec Cinerty T2 , and while i´m watching TV and turn off my monitor (the USB card reader turns off too, that´s seems to be the problem), Sometimes, it give me a BSOD pointing to the USB TV driver (I have it connected directly to the computer, not the monitor). I Know that is not a Dell problem, but maybe someone have an idea of why this happens. I can plug or unplug all kind of USB devices, but this only happens sometimes and only pluging or unpluging the monitor´s USB Card Reader. Seems to be some kind of incompatibility or shared resources or something like that.

I Know that with the monitor off, i can´t watch the TV, so is not a major problem! but i would like to know why it happens ;)

Greetings , sorry about my english, and thank you very much.

October 5th, 2006 02:00

USB hub on the monitor is probably a powered hub.

Sounds like you can't hot plug or hot unplug the USB and card readers and in essence that's what you are doing when you shut the monitor off. Windows needs to disconnect USB devices properly. Lower right icon tray remove USB devices properly and a pop up will tell you when it's O.K. to remove USB device safely. Besides your cutting off the two recognized card reader drives in my computer, shouldn't do that. That's why BSOD's.
But you probably all ready knew that. \

Good day:)

3 Posts

October 5th, 2006 07:00

Thanx for the reply! yeah, I think that the problem is with the USB Powered Hub more than the card reader, cause when you plug it, Windows have to enumerate the USB´s and the USB TV driver gets confuse. So my solution to this was connect the TV to the Powered USB Hub, so if someone turn off the monitor for any reason, the TV turn off too, so there are no risk of BSOD! :smileyhappy:

Greetings from Spain :smileywink:

October 5th, 2006 19:00

Very good work around solution:)

642 Posts

October 6th, 2006 01:00

Another solution would be to not have the A B usb cable connected from your pc to your usb hub on boot. This would disable your monitors usb hub.
cheers

3 Posts

October 6th, 2006 08:00

Yeah true, but i would like to use the card reader, more than the USB hub, but is in the same device. So for now this workaround avoid any accidental BSOD ;)

Greetings
No Events found!