Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2004 05:00

Black Screen E151FP

I have a 2+ year old monitor that has been fine until I reconnected it after adding some hardware. Power button is a slow flashing amber, occasionally flickers green while the screen flickers ever so slightly.

Checked signal cord and removed extension. No help.

I've reviewed some info and have seen mention of doing a "reset or recall", but can't seem to find any specific instructions on how to do this. And, don't really know if it would help.

I know very little about working on a monitor and am afraid it will have to be replaced. Any possibility of repair would be great.

Any experience or suggestions for this problem are appreciated.

• 

17K Posts

August 19th, 2004 12:00

cgwit,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Here is the link to the online manual for this monitor that you can look at to maybe resolve your issue. What was the hardware that you added to the system?

2 Posts

August 19th, 2004 12:00

Hi! Thank you for the info. A lot more information than the manual provided.

Unfortunately I'm not able to utilize any of the adjustments because the screen remains black. The amber light flashes about every 2 seconds.

Just for the "process of elimination" I moved another (working) monitor (same model) to this computer and it worked perfectly. So, I am inclinded to think that the problem is with the monitor as opposed to perhaps a video card.

I had initially installed a PCI card, USB 2.0. It didn't work either, but that's another story.

This monitor is no longer covered under warranty, but I am still curious if it could be repaired. Any additional suggestions/comments are welcome before I go to the expense of replacing the monitor.

Thanks again!

1.3K Posts

August 19th, 2004 21:00

Does the bad monitor turn on when Not connected to the video card, showing a Self test pattern? If not, likely a bad unit.
No Events found!