Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2009 18:00

Blank screen after stand-by mode

The screen on my Dimension 4700 went blank a couple of days ago after starting up from stand-by mode. Tried turning computer off, unplugging everything, and restarting to no avail. Connected another Dell monitor which worked fine. Then the same thing happened to that monitor today. All I have is a white screen. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 19th, 2009 19:00

Cindi F,

* Turn off the monitor
* Unplug the monitor from the computer (ALL cables)
* Plug the monitor power cord directly into the wall socket
* Turn on the monitor
* The floating red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background
* What appears on your monitor?

3 Posts

April 20th, 2009 16:00

OK, I did that for both monitors. On the first one, the power button just blinks green and it doesn't turn on. On the second one it just stays white. I never get a dialog box.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 21st, 2009 06:00

That sounds like two defective monitors. It seems strange that they would fail so close to each other. What specific models are they?

3 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 19:00

That's what I thought, too. Especially since I've never had any trouble with the original monitor since I bought the computer. The first monitor is the one that came with the comptuer, the E173Pb. The second one was an older one I wasn't using, the E151Pb.

1 Message

April 22nd, 2009 22:00

Hi, I had the same model and situation of your first monitor, do anyone know what part of monitor error?Can it easy to fix?

No Events found!