Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 6th, 2018 07:00

Burning U3417W not covered under warranty?

I have a U3417W 34" monitor. Great monitor. So, said monitor started getting hot on right side of screen, then the picture started turning white like a burn in. Next, it started smoking and burning through the right side of screen. Small cracks radiated from the burning spot. There's the sad background.

I have 795 days left on my advanced exchange warranty. I've contacted the wonderful overseas customer service who have been kind enough to tell me that my monitor is not covered under warranty because I damaged it and my warranty doesn't cover physical damage. Even though I explained that the monitor damaged itself with no assistance from me, all i got was a directive to call the Out of Warranty service number. If a warranty does not cover a monitors electronics burning though the screen what in the world does it cover? I'm writing this in hopes that it will garner some attention from this company with questionable warranty policies. I guess i should keep using it since it's still functional, even though it burns and smokes, and just hope my house doesn't burn down?

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. The damage on the outside is not from a drop. it's melted from heat...

burn1.jpg20180302_115952.jpgMoxie Software(TM) Customer Spaces Channels Customer Client_Page_1.jpg

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 6th, 2018 13:00

I sent you a Private Message asking for data.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 7th, 2018 13:00

Have not yet received a response to my private message to you?

No Events found!