Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 23rd, 2003 22:00

Calibrating Trinitron Monitor

Hi,

I've bought a second hand Trinitro 21" monitor and it worked finefor about a week. Then all of a sudden it turned all milky and teh blacks were grey. I called the guys wjhom I bought it from and they said to jump on the Dell website to look for the calibration manual.

I haven't been very successful calibrating it so far. I've resetted everything, but it's still milky and has very faint white lines going at an angle through the screen.

Could it have to do with my lap top to which it is hooked up and a driver missing? Or is it a matter of tweaking the settings or is that a monitor fault?

Thanks a mill in advance to anyone who can bring some loight into this problem....

Cheers, Mel

1K Posts

November 24th, 2003 01:00

First try a monitor reset or recall from the on screen menu. If no help there, recheck your connectors, ensure they are properly fitted and secure. Perform a monitor self test; unplug the monitor, disconnect it from the PC, plug it back in, and turn it on. You should see a self test multi color box floating around indicating self test or similar ok. If that is not OK, then the monitor is bad. If that is OK, reconnect your monitor to the PC and restart your PC in the safe mode (hit F8 key at the Dell splash screen or the first beep. If it displays alright in the safe mode (will be very low resolution with the Windows default VGA driver), then reinstall your video card or integrated video driver. If it does not display correctly in safe mode you have either some other system or hardware problem. Try reseating your video card to start with, and try again. After that it will take more troubleshooting to isolate the problem. Here is the Users Guide for the 21" Dell monitor

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Message Edited by tomintx on 11-23-2003 09:12 PM

No Events found!