Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 17th, 2017 14:00

S2716DG, black border

I was walking around Best Buy looking for the monitor mentioned above so I could get an idea of what it would look like on my desk, and once I found it I looked at it closer and saw the display oh didn't stretch to the edges and instead had a noticeable black border. So I looked it up and some people said that the black borders are because the monitor is under scanning and some people said the black borders are because of the monitor having an internal bezel, but I didn't want to mess around with the display monitor at the store so I'm not sure which is true. Does anyone have an S2716DG and can confirm if it's under scanning or a bezel, and if anything can be done about it? Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 17th, 2017 15:00

Did you check on the S2716DG at Best Buy to see if they were running them at 2560x1440 144Hz Overclock Mode? Or were they running them at a lower resolution using 60Hz?

2 Posts

July 17th, 2017 16:00

Oh, I didn't check that because I didn't know about their policy of testing the monitors. I asked an employee about the monitor and they mentioned it ran at 144Hz at 1440p. I also checked some YouTube videos demoing the monitor and the black borders were on every monitor in the videos I saw, so I'm assuming it's built in.

No Events found!