Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 10th, 2019 21:00

D2719HGF, Nintendo Switch, HDMI to DP not working

Recently purchased a D2719HGF monitor through Newegg for Christmas, and have been running my PC on it through the HDMI port without issue. Wanted to hook up my Nintendo Switch to the DisplayPort so I could switch between my PC and Switch on the monitor, but the DisplayPort input says, "No Signal Detected!" and goes dormant. I am attaching the Switch to the DisplayPort through an HDMI to Displayport adapter. I have verified that the adapter, the HDMI cable, and the console itself are all functioning and outputting correctly. Using the HDMI from my PC in the DisplayPort adapter also yields no signal, despite it functioning perfectly in the HDMI port. Already tried the basic solutions; factory reset, reboot, fully unplugging and replugging. The Dell Monitor Driver Installer finds drivers for both the HDMI and DisplayPort, but only allows for the HDMI drivers to be downloaded. Neither the Dell Monitor Driver Installer nor my PCs device manager recognizes the monitor when its attached via the DisplayPort adapter. Wondering if this is a defect in my monitor or if there is some other issue I am unaware of.

Running Windows 10 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 if that matters at all

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 11th, 2019 06:00

A source HDMI out port cannot upconvert to a monitor DP in port unless you purchase an active converter between the two devices.

Or simply setup like this =

PC GeForce GTX 1060 DP out port --> DP to DP cable --> D2719HGF DP in port

Nintendo Switch HDMI out port --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> D2719HGF HDMI in port

No Events found!