Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2010 20:00

DC power connector cable for U2410f "A04" to Dell Soundbar

I have a Dell Soundbar and received the Dell U2410 monitor yesterday.  The monitor has a DC (12v) connector on the back for the sound bar.  Where do I find the cable that wasn't included in either the Soundbar or U2410 monitor packaging to connect the two to get the power from the monitor.  What is the model number or this power cable?  I've searched and can't find it on Dell's website.  If it's not available (which wouldn't make much sense since the DC connector port it on the back of the monitor) please let me know the specs I need to search for to buy an aftermarket power cable/adapter (I know that the connector on the soundbar is smaller than the connector on the back of the Dell monitor).

Thanks,

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 16th, 2010 06:00

There are two types of Soundbars, one has the power cord attached permanently, the other has a removable AC adapter (PA). If it is not attached, the seller should have provided the AC adapter. See these examples -
AS501

AS501PA

2 Posts

December 16th, 2010 08:00

It's neither of those, I have the AY511 soundbar that fits the U2410 and has a detachable power adapter that was included. I want to use the DC connector supplied on the back of the monitor so I don't have to use the extra power socket on the surge protector and also so the power will shut off with the monitor, the reason why they included the connector on the back of the monitor that is labeled so.  Please let me know how to utilize the connector on the back of the Dell monitor, thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 16th, 2010 10:00

To use the AY511, you must use its external power adapter. You need to get a different Soundbar that has the embedded power cord.

AS500

AS501

AX510

1 Message

May 10th, 2011 14:00

Can you tell us if there is a an adapter for that permanently attached proprietary soundbar power cable?  I'd like to remote mount the soundbar someplace else on my desk out of the way and run a power cord to it. 

3 Posts

October 25th, 2012 19:00

I know this is an old post, but the power cable you are referring to are on ebay.

Search ebay for "Dell soundbar power cable"

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4069.m570.l1313&_nkw=dell+soundbar+power+cable&_sacat=0&_from=R40

3 Posts

October 25th, 2012 19:00

No Events found!