Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2017 06:00

DDM, E2015Hv, offers update, then a blank white screen

Good Morning,

I have a Dell Inspiron 537s with a Dell E2015Hv monitor. Since I installed this monitor in early 2016 all has gone well and trouble free. Now, when  the last two dell Display manager updates have been offered. I OK it, then just sit with an infinite blank white screen. I even went online and tried to do it manually; same white screen. All previous updates went flawlessly. Any thoughts on this would well appreciated. Many thanks.

T'care,

Linda

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 05:00

You could remove the currently installed DDM, restart the computer. Then attempt to install the Windows 7/8/8.1 ddmsetup1450.exe in Windows 10 compatibility mode.

* Download/save the driver to the Windows desktop
* Right click the driver executable
* Click Properties
* Click the Compatibility tab
* Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8.1

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 28th, 2017 08:00

What happens if you downgrade to an older version?

Have you had recent Windows 10 upgrades?

11 Posts

December 28th, 2017 19:00

Hi ieee488,

Thank you for responding. I actually did try it when I saw that option after right clicking the icon. It said "no previous versions available". Which seemed odd since that monitor has been getting updates for almost two years.

This PC was upgraded from W7 to Windows 10 back when they were offering free upgrades for Windows 7, 8, 8.1.  There was two huge 3 to 5 hour updates done over the last month or so [one of them was just last week].

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 09:00

First, the Inspiron 537s was never tested/validated for Windows 10. Only Windows XP/Vista/7. Second, the E2015Hv was never offered with Windows 10 support. The E2015Hv driver page shows the following supported operating systems = Windows Vista/7/8/8.1

So any version of DDM (Dell Display Manager) supported would be for those operating systems, not Windows 10. The last supported version of DDM for the E2015Hv was ddmsetup1450.exe released on June 9, 2016.

We have no idea if you can install that version in Windows 10.

11 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 10:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the helpful info. That clears up a lot.  Suddenly now, I do recall Dell mentioning the "not tested/validated" thing when I downloaded drivers later down the road after the W10 upgrade. MS never had a problem with it, so onward we went. It has all worked out fine with only a couple little quirks which we found work-arounds for.

Thank you so much, Chris,

Linda & Mike

11 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 11:00

P.S. We just tried that 1450.exe. It said we already have a newer version installed. So we''ll just call it a day and be happy. Thank you again, Chris

234 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 12:00

No reason why the latest version of DDM shouldn't work with your system; as long as you are running Vista or a newer version of Windows, there are no other dependencies or requirements. Send an email to dell.support@entechtaiwan.com and they'll get your problem sorted out.

11 Posts

January 18th, 2018 06:00

Thank you Chris for the help.

I had to let my hubby take over for me. He removed very aspect of DDM from the desktop. Couldn't get it all, so he had to use Revo for the leftover crumbs. Then he put in the original disc that came with the monitor. It installed fine, then immediately asked if we wanted to install the latest/current updates. They installed great and we are now happy campers. Thanks again Chris and all who helped. 5 Stars *****

Take care,

Linda & Mike

No Events found!