This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 17th, 2014 01:00

DDM, problems adding applications?

Hi everybody,

Firstly please excuse my bad english.

l have  purchased a Dell U2413 monitor.

I have to assign diferent color profiles/monitor preset modes to diferent Non Color Managed Applications
because if I don´t do that, in non color managed applications (windows, autocad, 3dmax....) all colors appeared extremely oversaturated.

For example: assign sRGB to 3dStudioMax and Adobe RGB to Lightroom.

The problem is that I have installed Dell Display Manager and I can´t add aplications to the list in automatic mode. When I drag them nothing happens.

I don´t know if I´m right with this and if I have to resolve it with Dell Display Manager.

My SO is windows 8.1.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Javi

Spain

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 17th, 2014 07:00

jgilayesa,

This could be because you are running DDM with higher privileges than the file you are trying to "drop" on DDM. So if you start the DDM using "Run as administrator option checked", then every application you are trying to add to DDM must have administrator rights. Windows does not allow lower privileged applications to send messages to higher ones when UAC (User Access Control) security is fully enabled. Start DDM as a normal application, without administrator privileges, and you should be OK.

2 Posts

January 17th, 2014 10:00

OK, I have try that and it works! I was starting DDM with administrator privileges. It was the problem.

Thanks.

No Events found!