Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Q

October 6th, 2017 11:00

DELL 1704FPV - 25ms response time in GTG or BTW?

Hello, I've thinking on buying this monitor because it is cheaper now, but I've seen that its response time is 25ms which surprised me a bit.

However, i'm not sure if they used the BTW measuring method for this monitor. So i'm suspecting that the response time is lower in GTG. So i just want to confirm this.

Is the 25ms response time listed in all websites, is it because is it measured in BTW and not the modern GTG?

Thank you everybody.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 6th, 2017 17:00

The 13 year old 1704FPV response time is 25ms. The The 13 year old 1704FPT response time is 12ms. I am not sure on the measurement used, but being that the monitor is quite a bit older, it wouldn't surprise me if it was BTW but I cannot guarantee that. If you're using it for gaming or something that needs fast response you might be better looking at a newer monitor, however if you're using it for basic desktop use in addition to another monitor (or just your main one etc for desktop) it should be fine. In my opinion this monitor might be decent in certain situations still, but with how low priced other options are now with better refresh/widescreen etc. you might be better off looking at those (depending on use). Again, this is just from my experience since the monitor was released more than 10 years ago. 

Best regards,

Brad

2 Posts

October 7th, 2017 04:00

Thank you Brad.

Well i use my pc for everything (gaming,basic desktop and art) and the monitor i have right now has a response time of 8ms, so i don't mind if the DELL 1704FPV has the same amount.

The reason i want this monitor is because it has no PWM (eye strain issues) and also has speakers and more ports.

So i was suspecting that, if the 25ms of the dell actually means that it has 8ms like the monitor i have right now, it would be a nice and cheap trade.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 9th, 2017 10:00

I think the best option will be to try it out first (if possible), unfortunately I am not seeing anything else listed on specs. It makes sense though with what you're saying regarding the rating, I am thinking this meant 25ms BTW as well, but unfortunately unless someone else has an answer on the forum this is just an assumption (sorry for that). If you do end up getting it, let me know what you think. I have used one before for desktop work and it seemed good for that, I never tried gaming/movies on it though.

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!