Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2013 12:00

DELL U2312HM Factory Menu changed ! Help

I have a DELL U2312HM, and i messed up my factory menu, if any admin, could please send me the factory menu defaults for U2312HM, November 2012 revision. Please help me !!!

13 Posts

February 27th, 2013 13:00

I entered factory mode, by pressing the 2 first buttons while starting the monitor, and i select to reset all setting in the OSD (while in the factory menu powered on). And it doesn't work.

Could you give me the defaults for factory menu, november 2012 ? The BACKLIGHTBASE, TEXT BACKLIGHT

1.1K Posts

February 27th, 2013 13:00

Hi CalinTM,

Using the On screen display menu, go to 'Other Settings' and select 'Reset all settings' under 'Factory Reset'. You may also refer to the user manual of your monitor: http://bit.ly/Wjj0eg 

Please reply for any further questions.

13 Posts

February 28th, 2013 11:00

Nice support from DELL. This is the third dell monitor that i buy this year, and they ALL broken, massive bleeding on white color, the color looks in left side un-equal, ad is yellow, and on the right side its pure white.

1.1K Posts

February 28th, 2013 12:00

Hi CalinTM,

I regret the inconvenience caused. Let's run Self test on your monitor to check it's functionality:

1. Turn off both your computer and the monitor.
  2. Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. To ensure proper Self-Test operation, remove both Digital (white connector) and the Analog (blue connector) cables from the back of computer.
  3. Turn on the monitor.
  4. The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains green. 

You may also try changing the monitor's cable and see if that makes a difference.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

13 Posts

February 28th, 2013 12:00

No man doesn't make a difference, basically i RMA 2 U2312HM monitors, brand new monitors, for massive bleeding on white color, the right side of the panel is hot while i touch it, and the other side of the panel it's cold when i touch it. The right side has pure white, and basically all the screen that remains except the right side has a yellow white color. I think i will sell this THIRD monitor too, because it's basically a junk. Only on white color makes this nasty bleeding, on other colors doesn't make it. I had two august 2012 revisions = junk, now i have a november 2012 revision = junk. So i keep asking why the   DELL produces so junk monitors ? Why they don't test them before they enter the world market ? I am no stupid or blind, i can clearly see the white difference while i look right now and i'm writing to you this message. Right side of panel = ok white color and bright. What remains of the panel except the right side = a yellow white color, white uniformity. I think i will remove the anti-glare coating. I don't care if i avoid the warranty but i really need to have it a try, because i can't live with this problem. And this IPS DELL it's really fast in games and movies, no ghosting, no lag. Only this nasty problem, that DELL DOESN"T CARE ABOUT IT! WHY a customer like me needs to change 3 DELL monitors (from his own money) and STILL have the same problem on this monitor ? I'm not blaming DELL company, but this model and his revisions, very poor model. Basically, to try to mask this problem i need to use cold colors, and it looks like , but it kinda works, so im not enjoying the IPS colors, because im forced to use cold colors to mask the white uniformity problems. So i'm not in a rage about this, only that i was spending my time and tried 3 U2312HM DELL monitors to have a chance to not picking a problem monitor, but seems they all are the same. And this time i was spending extra money to sell the monitor, put some money from my pocket and buy another U2312HM, because this is basically the only fast IPS monitor and in a good price range, but has this big white problem, and i think 60% its the anti-glare coating blocking the screen to render full white pure.

13 Posts

March 1st, 2013 11:00

Nevermind, but as i said, at least you could give me the defaults for the factory menu ?

Something like this.

1.1K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 20:00

Hi CalinTM,

I understand how upsetting it can be when the products do not work properly. I have sent you a private message. Please reply with the required information.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 6th, 2013 07:00

CalinTM,

No two factory menus will have the same values. We would prefer that customers not even be in the factory menu. That is a tool we use in the Service Center. If you went in there and messed up the monitor, that has voided the Dell warranty. Now, I am not saying you cannot try to get a monitor exchange through your country (Romania) Dell Order Support. But our stance in the Americas is that we would not exchange it. 

Dell monitors do not have 100% color uniformity specification. As long as the exact center 2" circle meets x=0.313 and y=0.329 (6500K), it meets our manufacturer specifications. So, the center may be 6500K, but the sides and corners may not which is why you may see that one side or corner is different than the others.

No Events found!