Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2010 11:00

DELL U2410 (linked with a macbook pro) that don't go to sleep when the primary does well

Hi,

I've got a problem with my new display DELL U2410. It is linked in DVI with my Apple Macbook pro.

My problem is when the screens go in the standby mode : the MBP screen shuts down correctly, but in parallel, the Dell screen turns into an "unstable position": saving energy, then it detects a DVI signal and turn on, then it goes back in saving energy mode, then it detects a DVI signal...

How can I fix that? Thanks.

3 Posts

February 25th, 2010 11:00

I'm having the same problem, but mine is a Mac PowerBook G4.

June 27th, 2010 03:00

Same problem here with a MacBook 3rd Generation using DVI. Searching the web i found some reports that this behaviour is only observed using DVI, VGA users dont seem to have that problem. The U2410 doesn't seem to do it on other computers, the Macs dont seem to do it on other displays - so it's kind of hard to say if its a problem with the display or the computers. However, since the reporters use a wide range of macs (old powerbooks as well as new intel based macbook), that all use different video devices, OS versions etc i tend to say that the problem is with the U2410.

Are there any news on this issue? Its really annoying not to be able to suspend the screen and i most certainly dont want to use VGA. It works fine though when you suspend the laptop, the screen remains in power save mode...

18 Posts

August 25th, 2010 05:00

Similar to what I'm experiencing but not totally the same. Check out my thread: U2410 - Flickering - PSM - Pixel Noise

No Events found!