This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 31st, 2012 17:00

DELL U2711 the return of "white flickering strings"

Hi, everyone!

I've purchased DELL U2711 about 1,5 year ago. I've used it during 9 months and everything was fine but oneday my monitor had shown me so-called "white flickering strings" at the the right side of the screen. I've read some forums about this problem and found that this is very popular problem with this model. So I've send my monitor to DELL technical service in Saint-Petersburg. I was waiting for my monitor about 1 month (!). They 've told me that they was testing my monitor. Is it really takes so much time?

Finally they've returned me my monitor back and told me that they couldn't find a problem (!). But from this time the deffects of my monitor dissappeared. No matter what they've done in the service but they'd fixed my monitor. I was happy until today. Today my monitor shown me these "white strings" again but for now at the left side of the screen.

Please help me. What should i do? Can I exchange my monitor?

p.s. the advices to change DVI cable to VGA or DP cables is useless.

Thank You!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 31st, 2012 23:00

If the lines NEVER appear when running the Self-Test and the Built-in Diagnostics, then the issue is with your video card, not the monitor. If they do appear when running the dianostics, contact Technical Support for your country. They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason:
If available, a link to a picture or video of the failure
http://imageshack.us/

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 1st, 2012 02:00

Thank You for your answer. I'll try to record the video with this defect during Self-test. The main problem now is unpermanent character of artefacts apeearing.

No Events found!