Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2009 18:00

Dell 2007FP and soundbar?

1)Is it mandatory to use the Dell Soundbar speakers-or, can aftermarket external speakers also be hooked up to the 2007FP?

2)I have some nicer speakers and I'd like to know how to connect these to be used with the 2000FP without needing to use the Soundbar?

370 Posts

February 9th, 2009 09:00

The soundbar receives audio via a cord to the computer's audio output jack. You could just plug your external speakers into the same computer output jack.   Or, if you're trying to go to the monitor for some reason, there is an earphone jack on the soundbar that might work.

56 Posts

February 9th, 2009 10:00

Then, if I'm understanding you correctly, I don't have to plug my external speakers into the 2000FP monitor at all and instead could just plug them into my computer's audio output jack-just like I have now on my older Dell Model 8300 computer?  Since I had never experienced dealing with these newfangled(To me)Soundbar's, I was under the impression that it wouldn't be possible to connect my external speakers up to enable using these and bypassing using a soundbar?

370 Posts

February 9th, 2009 11:00

You are correct.  The soundbar is simply another speaker option that has to be plugged into the computer like any other speaker system... only difference is that it can attach to the monitor, saving space.

56 Posts

February 9th, 2009 15:00

Thankyou very much for precisely clarifying everything for me!

No Events found!