Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JG

August 27th, 2008 19:00

Dell 2007FP (non-widescreen) Revisions?

This monitor is still currently available on DELLS website.  I was told by tech support that thier current shipments are shipping witht he S-IPS panel type.  One thing they were not able to tell me was the current revision.  DELL CHAT said there was no revision, however i saw one being sold on ebay that said on the actually label REV: A05.

Can anyone shed some light as to which revision this monitor is currently at before i buy?  

Thank you

Jim

August 27th, 2008 22:00

The newest revision of the 2007FP is (as far as I know) the A05

I have two Dell 2007FP here, one bought off eBay from someone in the USA (mind the ~$100 shipping, I'm from The Netherlands, north-west Europe). I confirmed it was S-IPS before buying. Anyway, I ended up with a monitor with one death subpixel (a friend saw that subpixel for the first time, after I had the monitor for days) and revision A02. A few weeks later I bought another one from a local reseller (www.qsix.eu) and I also asked him for a S-IPS. It turned out I could choose, so I choose S-IPS. It's an A05 and totally perfect.

This reseller is still selling 2007FP monitors, and he still gets S-PVA and S-IPS from Dell. So if you're buying from Dell directly I would let them give you the warranty you get a S-IPS and if not that you get replacements (new) untill you do get a S-IPS. Don't believe any promise from one rep. unless they give it you in an e-mail or in writing.

Mind that you don't even have to open the box to check whether it's a S-IPS or S-PVA. If the serial# ends with 'L', it's safe, if it ends with 'S' > don't open it and return it; it's a S-PVA. If you're in Europe the first two characters will most likely be 'CZ' from Czech and if you're in the USA the first two characters are most likely 'MX' from Mexico.

August 28th, 2008 14:00

Wow, thank you for the detailed response.  I didnt know about the serial numbers ending with L or S, that will make it easier so I dotn have to open the box.  When i spoke with the DELL rep in the online chat, he definitely said all current 2007fp monitors are shiping with S-IPS panels....I made sure I saved this conversation :)

Thanks for your help!

jim

No Events found!