Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2008 21:00

Dell 2408WFP Quality

Hi,

I'm curious about the quality of the Dell 2408WFP displays. My 21" Samsung 215TW that I've been impressed with has began to die and due to continuing issues with Samsung, I am being issued a refund for it and intend to take my business elsewhere. I've read alot of positive and negative comments about the Dell so I'm not really sure what to think of it. The price is definitely right for a S-PVA display though.

This would be my first Dell purchase actually... I'm a Mac guy, but Apple's displays are lacking and desparately need updating.

Any input would be appreciated! Also, how is Dell's monitor support? I dealt with them probably 4-5 years ago with my friends Inspiron and it was one of the worst experiences I ever had with tech support.

Thanks!

370 Posts

November 22nd, 2008 07:00

I got the 2408 four months ago and love it.  Beautiful picture and no problems (so far).  But if you scan the monitor forum, you'll see that some have had problems.  Don't know about Dell's support--fortunately I haven't had to use it for many years, which is a good thing based on this new forum!

6 Posts

November 22nd, 2008 12:00

Thanks for your response, that's good to hear. I'm going to go out and look at some monitors today and see if I like what I see. Most people either love or loathe this display it sees. Any other owners input would be great though. Thanks!

6 Posts

November 23rd, 2008 16:00

I'm not leaning towards the HP L2475W unless someone can sway me. The LP2475W seems to have its fair share of issues, but a lot of people who had the 2408WFP seem to like the LP2475W a bit better...

I wouldn't have thought that LCD quality control has gotten worse than it used to be... my aging/dying Samsung 215TW was absolutely perfect up until now. 

Has any one here had experience with both? Unfortunately, all of the retailers around here are only carrying cheap TN model displays now so I've got to take my chances on either the Dell or the HP. 

No Events found!