Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2009 17:00

2709W, full colored screens, buttons on

Ok,

So now I have a new issue with my DELL 2709w LCD that I cannot figure out and is quite annoying!  It used to be that when I turned on the monitor and computer all five blue LED lights would turn on the right side of the monitor and then each one would slowly fade out one after the next.  Now they stay on at all times and not only that, the REAL annoying thing is if my computer goes into sleep mode, or it is off and the monitor is on, the monitor cycles through REALLY bright colors at full screen, RED, GREEN, BLUE, WHITE... I've gone through all the OSD settings and cannot figure out why this started or how to turn it off. 

I apologize if I come off as pissy, but it's because I spent 600 bucks on this monitor and have had nothing but problems with it, from pixels randomly flickering all over the screen to this now.  I mean, this monitor MAKES you want to love it, when it works it looks beautiful, better than any other LCD I've ever seen, but the negatives make it not even worth that.  And the fact that dell doesn't offer replacement parts for these things after the warranty is up makes me disgusted and I will never buy a dell product again after this unless they somehow make this right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 23rd, 2009 19:00

Was this a New monitor or a refurbished monitor? In the OSD, did you go into Other Settings and choose Factory Reset?

5 Posts

August 25th, 2009 16:00

Refurb, and yes I went into OSD and reset.. thanks for the help!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 26th, 2009 08:00

BurnIn mode was somehow turned on in the FSM (Factory Service Menu)? Were you or someone else in there?

No Events found!