Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2016 18:00

Dell Display Manager keeps switching to Multimedia mode for Windows apps like Settings, Mail, etc.

Can't figure out why my Display Manager keeps changing color profile to Multimedia when I go to Settings or Mail (Windows 10 apps).  In my Auto Mode settings, all I have is Standard as defaults except Game mode for fullscreen games.  Yet every time I switch to the Settings app or Mail it keeps switching to Multimedia.  I am using the U3415W display in Windows 10 and I have the latest drivers.

234 Posts

August 13th, 2016 20:00

This is a conflict between new and old versions of DDM. If you are comfortable working with the Windows registry, go to HKCU\Software\EnTech\DDM\Apps and simply delete values that begin with "Metro." Then restart DDM and the default mode for Win10 apps will be whatever you select for "Default for universal Windows apps".

2 Posts

August 13th, 2016 21:00

Thanks so much!  That fixed my issue.  You'd think that such information would be included in the manual.

234 Posts

August 14th, 2016 05:00

Its not something that would be documented - its a bug that was discovered after release of the current version and will be fixed in future.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 14th, 2016 12:00

swamped,

To correct this bug for other users without a registry hack, could they simply uninstall DDM, reboot the computer, then install the latest version ddmsetup1759.exe ?

234 Posts

August 15th, 2016 03:00

The latest version is ddmsetup1800.exe, but I don't think that would fix the issue and people would lose their settings if they uninstalled.

I believe the issue *is* fixed, however, in the current release candidate, which is always here.

No Events found!