Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2016 11:00

Dell Display Manager problem started 2 (or 3) updates ago.

Hello, when i have the program open and i am in game (Guild Wars 2)  and if my screen goes to idle  when i get out of idle the game screen looks like this: 

It does not happen if i close display manager and it only started happening a few updates ago. I have no idea how to fix it except re-opening the game every time.

And if screenshot does not make it clear, all the UI aspects of the game is stretched while the actual game is fine (as in if i hide UI rest of game looks same, the UI however is butchered.)

234 Posts

July 2nd, 2016 03:00

Restart DDM, let the screen "go to idle", and then after you "get out of idle", do this: while holding down the Shift key, right-click on the DDM system tray icon and select "Save diagnostic report" from the popup menu. Then post that report here.

The report will contain a lot of info you omit, like what monitor you have, what OS you are using, what the gfx controller is, what the gfx driver version is, and so on.

Best if you post two reports: one where the game is *not* running and presumably everything ends up ok when you "get out of idle", and one where the game is running and the game aspect ratio (apparently) gets changed.

4 Posts

July 2nd, 2016 22:00

Normal report:[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3529/ddmnormal.txt:0:0]

Game on and ratio screwed report:[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3529/ddmbad.txt:0:0]
I'd also like to mention again, the graphics do not get effected by this ratio change, only the UI the TEXT or the nametags and such are effected by this.

234 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 03:00

The logs don't show any indicated of the monitor going to sleep, so there is no record of what happens when the monitor wakes up. (I assume sleep is what you mean by the "screen goes to idle" - yes?)

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 05:00

It is when the monitor goes to power-saving mode after being idle.

Right i just noticed the DDM icon disappears from tray after i come back from power-save mode for a few seconds and then re-appear afterwards. Could that be why? And i have no idea why that is.

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 06:00

Both of those logs were created after the monitor was waken up. I can create them again if you'd like?

234 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 06:00

No, that is normal. After the system resumes, DDM waits a bit for devices to reinitialize and then its rescans the system. Still need to see the logs generated *after* the monitor wakes up for a power-saving mode.

234 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 14:00

I don't see anything going on that might cause that sort of problem, but if you are comfortable editing the registry try adding a "RestoreWindowLayout" value to HKCU\Software\EnTech\DDM and setting it to 0 (dword). Restart DDM after making the registry change and then retest your game. If that doesn't eliminate the problem, save and repost the diagnostic report so we can be sure that change took effect.

No Events found!