Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2005 18:00

Dell E773c Color Monitor User Documentation

First off I did a search as to the correct board to put this on and this is where it sent me...I don't know, I really am disappointed in Dell, but that's another story altogether, put it this way...since I cannot get in touch with them concerning the Rebates, these 2 books they put on the credit card (around $50.00) without permission (didn't know a thing about them till they arrived) Oh, there were 2 books because we got 2 computers. I do believe I have a valid reason for getting in touch with ABC (TV), their Troubleshooter and let them handle this for me.

Okay, please overlook me as I had to vent a little before actually getting to my question in the Subject line.

I know nothing about Dell and didn't have any problems with my first computer (which was not a Dell!),  what I'm trying to find out is this.... That "Dell E773c Color Monitor User Documentation", when am I suppose to install that? There was NOTHING in what little paper work came with the computer concerning this CD.  I don't know if I'm to install it now or is it a CD for when I have trouble on????? Yes, the question marks because I don't know what exactly it is for.

And Dell does not include a "System Restore CD"? What! Oh yes, I see the link where I go to 'learn' more about obtaining a copy of my operating system CD. Wonder what they charge for that?

Oh and then I find out I have to 'purchase' this package that comes with 'Microsoft Office word, powerpoint, excel, access applications' just so that I can have the Dictionary installed to have 'spell check' work on my email and yes that is with MSN E-mail.  I wonder as time goes by, just how many more things am I going to have to Purchase?  And to think I did not have to do or buy anything with my first computer and have been told by quite a few people that my first computer was a bad, cheap one.  eMachines is what it was and like I said, I didn't have to purchase any CDs for anything! 

We just purchased 2 Dell 2400 less then 10 days ago. I wonder...can we get our money back? First they said, since we're getting 2 computers, they'd be no shipping and handling charges, guess what? There was!  We try to find out about how to send the rebates in since there wasn't anything about them with the computers, they ask for numbers, we give them what we have and they said 'no such numbers' or something very close to that. Then without our permission, they send us those 2 books on, "Dell Guide to Microsoft Windows XP, Getting Started" and put it on the credit card! That is so wrong and I believe against the law, since we did not give permission for them to do it nor were we ever told about any books that were going to be sent to us. If any of you know what the Troubleshooter is about, I do think they'd be interested in this case...especially since Dell only gives us 30 days to get the Rebate forms to them and they will NOT help us!  Yes, I know the last 2 paragraphs have nothing to do with the Subject message, and I'm sorry to the people that have to read this, it's just that as I was typing, I started getting upset again. It's not like we have all this money to dish out for items we weren't told about and well, you already know...I wonder....do they have a Vent Thread on this Forum?

Thanks to anyone that can answer my question concerning what's in the Subject line. Or for any additional information, all would be appreciated.  Have a great week end!

2 Posts

December 12th, 2005 00:00

My first computer was also an e-Machine and I had it for 8 years before it died. I also found that the e-Machine was much more easier to reboot than with my Dell.

I do find Dell Support to be very helpful in solving most problems, but their help and support system is very confusing to negotiate and find the exact solution to your problem.

Also from what I read of your problem about having to pay for extras with your  Dell purchase, the problem might have been with the package you ordered. I have noticed with Dells special deals you really have to read the fine print very carefully to see what is and what is not included with the price you pay.

No Events found!