Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2010 15:00

Dell Inspiron 530 - [Auto Detect(Digital Input) Entering Power Save] Error Message

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with an nVidia GeForce 900 graphics card after the Dell one failed. In any case, I play numerous games through Steam, which is the PC equivalent of Xbox Live run by Valve. I typically play for about 5-10 minutes and then I get this error message:

Auto Detect(Digital Input)

Entering Power Save

It doesn't happen with all games, mostly just FPS games like Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, and Garry's Mod. Simple games like Machinarium are fine, but I do not believe a graphics card is to blame. My card is, as previously stated, an nVidia GeForce 900, one of the best of the best. I've read some other articles and such of people with similar issues, and the problem is somehow linked to energy conservation/power management, the monitor's cables, and how cards are sitting in the tower. I don't have any way to test if it's the monitor as I have no other machines to test it on, and tearing apart my computer is neither comprehensible to me nor fiscally possible for the Geek Squad to do it for me. Any suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2010 08:00

Test the monitor blue connector cable from the monitor to the video card and see if it has the same issue as the white DVI connector cable your using now.

No Events found!