Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2013 21:00

Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand,Portrait orientation?

Hi Does any have a Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand. just want to confirm if one of the monitors can be in portrait orientation?

I want to mount one 24inch in horizontal and the other 24inch in portrait.

Thanks in advance.

38 Posts

December 30th, 2013 18:00

if anyone is interested, yes, you can mount the monitors in portrait mode by using the included vesa plate.

All you need to do is attach the vesa plate in the orientation required and attach.

The only issue is it adds about 5mm so it is not flush if you align the monitors perfectly flat horizontally. 

But if you use it like me and have a slight inward angle to the portrait monitor it is a non issue.

ps, if you need it flush,  you can always mount both monitors with the vesa plate :)

4 Posts

March 14th, 2014 15:00

Could you give a little information on how to do this? I can't seem to find instructions anywhere or figure it out myself.

The vesa plate has some holes on two opposite edges that seem to line up with the two quadratic pieces sticking out from the stand that hook into the monitor's quick-release, but hooking the plate that way doesn't bring me much further. The plate has screw holes and came with some screws but I can't find any holes in the monitors I bought with it - what do I screw into? Do I have to drill into the stand (monitor drilling seems dangerous) to allow a portrait mount?

Thanks!!

38 Posts

March 14th, 2014 16:00

ps i have used this method on these monitors, 

horizontal mount -> Dell™UltraSharp™ U2412M 24” Monitor with LED

vertical mount -> Dell UltraSharp 24 Ultra HD Monitor – UP2414Q

38 Posts

You cant rotate the "two quadratic pieces sticking out from the stand" so you need to attach the vesa plate to the monitor in the orientation you require.

4 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to be dense, but just to make sure: mount it on the stand? Does this require drilling holes? Is just the plate and screws that came with the stand enough or do I need some other bracket?

38 Posts

im going from memory as this setup is in my office (weekend in australia)

mount the vesa plate at the orientation you require. 

38 Posts

no, no drilling. 

just to be clear. 

horizontal mounting -> just clip it on to the stand ie the same procedure as the original stand.

vertical mounting -> you need to first screw on the included 100mm vesa plate to the monitor, In the orientation you require. Than mount the monitor on as required 

hope that helps.

ps if you only use the plate in vertical orientation, the two monitors will not be flush, I have mine slightly in a V shape, but if you want both monitor bezel to be mounted flush you need to mount both monitors using the vesa plate. 

hope that helps

4 Posts

March 16th, 2014 09:00

I see, that makes sense now. I just got it succesfully installed. Thanks for your help ipv6ready! It works with my two 24'' P-series monitors.

No Events found!