Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2017 09:00

Dell P2415Q on the GTX 260

Hi!

I've been trying to conect my new Dell p2415Q through the NVidia GTX260 using an HDMI cable with DVI adapter. I've set the monitor to use HDMI but I can't seem to get it to work. Is this a problem with the card? I've tried lowering the resolution to 1200/1080 but get no option to reduce the refresh rate to 30 and the screen just flickers a little. Could you please help?

Regards,

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

May 8th, 2017 15:00

I feel that the GTX 260 (even if it did work) will limit this display since it does not have a DisplayPort for 60 Hz and the HDMI port is a bit older too (not allowing 4k at 30 Hz, and not up to spec with the latest standards for HDMI). Here are the specs on the card.

If you're okay running the monitor less than 4k, you might be able to try and make a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel, but I have a feeling it will not work as expected (if at all) due to the age of the card. Unfortunately, at this point it would be a much better decision to upgrade it for this monitor to work properly. You would really want to be using a DisplayPort card so you can get it at 4k and 60 Hz.

I hope this helps, and sorry for not having an easy solution!

Best regards,

Brad 

2 Posts

May 9th, 2017 18:00

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks for confirming Brad! :)

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

May 10th, 2017 09:00

Happy to help!

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!