Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2013 18:00

Dell S1709W Monitor Stuck in Power Save Mode

My S1709W monitor is stuck in Power Save Mode. I shut down my computer (Inspiron 537s) as usual Saturday night; the monitor was working fine as usual all Saturday. Hoever, when I booted up the computer on Sunday, no picture appeared on the monitor. The monitor light stays amber, except when I hit a key on the keyboard (Logitech Wave wireless); then it turns white and the message appears on the monitor alerting me that it is entering Power Save Mode.

A self-test of the monitor has indicated the monitor is functioning properly. However, when I attempt to access on-screen display menu, I receive a message that the monitor isn't receiving a signal from the computer. Other steps I have tried are: replacing the batteries in the keyboard (I replaced the mouse batteries a week ago); trying to verify the connection among the keyboard, monitor, and wireless mouse with the receiver. Everything is connected properly; and while I was fiddling with the keyboard to check the connection, the monitor message about entering Power Save Mode appeared again. I take that to mean there is a signal getting to the monitor from the computer!

The last thing I can think of to do before calling the service company is to insert the monitor driver CD and see if it will automatically reinstall the drivers. Of course, how will I know if the monitor doesn't come on?  AAAAggggggghhhhhhh! :emotion-9:

Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks!

1.5K Posts

March 14th, 2013 09:00

Hi PeggyBM,

I would like to inform you that Monitor can show power save mode if it is not getting any video signal from the system tower.

Kindly take out the video cables from both the ends and connect it back to ensure they are properly connected.

Also, if possible then check the same monitor on a different system to isolate the issue. And, let us know the below information:

Do we get any beep codes from the system?

Does the optical drive ejects on the system?

Do we hear any windows sound coming from the system?

Connect a wired keyboard and let us know if you get Caps,Num lock light on the same.

Please provide us this information so that we can be in a better position to understand and resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

No Events found!