Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2013 12:00

Dell S2330MX Power Adapter Inquiry

Hello board, My name is Chris and I'd like to first wish everyone a healthy and prosperous 2013. With that said, I'd like to ask for a little assistance with a dell monitor issue I am having.

So the other day I purchased a open box Dell S2330MX from my employer for a great price but unfortunately the power cable was missing (as I was made aware before purchase). Being a recent college graduate on a tight budget, the issue seemed easy to overcome and based on the price I went through with the purchase. I decided to ask the manager if he minded throwing in a a/c adapter that supplied the appropriate voltage listed on the specs and he obliged.

I returned home and after plugging everything in the a/c adapter appeared to provide adequate power as the light remained lit blue. On the screen it displayed that a monitor cable was properly connected to the DVI-D port. But after about 5 minutes the screen cuts off to zero power, then takes about 5 minutes before the light is re-lit (this time orange). The monitor can now be turned back on - only to repeat issue.

I called Dell's tech support line to inquire about obtaining a replacement cable only to be referred back to the original retailer from which I purchased the monitor. I want to make this work unless the solution is too costly or difficult to accomplish.

Any tips and/or direction? Thanks

1 Message

January 22nd, 2013 06:00

hy my name is Tshepo, i need a power adapter for my old pc,model: DA-2. My service tag is : <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>. I can even pay for it online just send me all the details and contact numbers

No Events found!