Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 8th, 2011 17:00

Dell ST2010b monitor w/ solid amber power button light but display on and working. Is this OK?

I've been using this Dell ST2010b monitor since Christmas of 2010 with no problems. But today the power button light went from normal white to amber while I was playing a game. The monitor didn't enter power save mode and the display is still on right now but the power button light is still solid amber. Is it OK to continue to use the monitor this way or is there something I can do to make the light on the button show white (normal) again?

P.S.  Using Nvidia Geforce 7600GT connected to monitor w/ DVI-to-HDMI converter cable from day 1.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 12th, 2011 12:00

You could get it replaced but the replacement will be a refurbished. it's your call. Go back to the top of the Monitors Forum and open the second Announcement.

3 Posts

November 9th, 2011 11:00

When I turn the monitor off then on the power button light stays amber but the monitor seems to be working OK. Also tried unplugging the power to the monitor for a few minutes and same result. Reboot of PC, ditto. The monitor seems to act the same as before besides the power light being amber instead of white.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 9th, 2011 11:00

What happens if you just toggle the monitor off, then on?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 9th, 2011 22:00

Very odd. An amber light indicates power save mode. So the monitor thinks it is in that mode. Can you test going video card VGA to monitor VGA?

3 Posts

November 10th, 2011 16:00

I don't have a VGA output on my desktop video card. But I connected from a laptop VGA output to the VGA input on monitor and the monitor works fine but the power button light is still solid amber. When I disable display external output on the laptop, the monitor displays "entering power save mode" and screen goes black like it's supposed to. The monitor seems OK except the light. What I'm concerned about is that I think I'm still under warranty now but is the light a warning of imminent failure? And what can I try next?

P.S. Thanks for the help.

No Events found!