Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 12th, 2011 03:00

Dell ST2220T multi touch, display surfce sinking/bending on the edges of the screen

Hello,

I received this monitor (ST2220T) by STEMO OOD, a local dealer in Bulgaria (Europe) and DELL authorized service provider. I found out that on some of the edges the whole display surface would bend with 2-3mm when pressed.. sometimes you would hear a clicking sound, sometimes not. And not on all of the edges.

Since the touch capability is with infra red sensors it does not seem to affect it much, but in any case it is strange.

I brought it to the local dealer's service center, they confirmed that this is not normal and delivered another new item of this model from their warehouse. It had the same effect of bending edges of the display surface. They said they had replaced the first one (which i returned) with "Dell" for another one, but it again has this "effect".

Now they offer me to have it back like this or return the money. But since I actually need a monitor (without a defect) I would like to check if this is a known issue of this model and if I have to be worried by this.

I'm surprised that the local dealer which is "authorized service provider" is not able to check this on their behalf.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 12th, 2011 16:00

For us to support any monitor sold from a reseller, we would need the original Dell Order number the reseller obtained when they purchased the monitors from us. Without that original Dell Order number, all warranty must go through the reseller.

Slight panel movement is normal with larger screen displays such as 22”, 23” 24”, 27” and 30”. The reason is due to front of screen concerns. If the manufacturer make it too tight with zero movement, it will introduce some light leakage. Light leakage are white patches visible using dark full field patterns or in a dark room environment. This is normal in the industry and our competitors use the same panels. A slight movement on all corners is normal and within manufacturer specifications.

For our records, did you happen to record the 1st and 2nd monitor 25 digit serial numbers?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 12th, 2011 06:00

How hard are you pressing? Must be pretty hard to bend it.

4 Posts

December 12th, 2011 07:00

No, just firmly. It does not bend so much.. but it moves obviously.

How should I proceed to confirm this problem and to check if I can receive monitor without this problem.

May be they have here a whole batch of defect ones..

4 Posts

December 12th, 2011 14:00

As I said the dealer accepted there is a problem with the product. Just I don't get any official statement from DELL why is this so with this line of monitors?

Moreover currently the item is statying at the service center. I wonder how can I ask officially to dell support when I don't have any "service tag" or equivalent info (since i read in FAQ section here, these monitors do not have a service tag). Every type of support tool on this site requires a service tag.

Could you please advise me on this, how to get official support from DELL regarding my case.

Thanks in advance.

4 Posts

December 15th, 2011 02:00

Actually, no. As I said the monitoros are at my dealers location, actually they checked 3 of them they have the same "feature". Now they told me they received a 4th one through some "dell channel" (not from the dealer's warehouse), still unopened, i'm going to check it and take it.. if it's not worse than the previous ones, coz i need a monitor anyway.

I'm not sure if' I'll be able to get any serial numbers, do you need them much.

No Events found!