Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2010 06:00

Dell U2311H Dithering Problem?

Hi,

I have recently bought a dell U2311H for photo editing, I'm quite happy with it until I saw there seems to be some dithering problem on my monitor in dark areas of any displayed picture.

The same pictures viewed with my two other calibrated monitors doesn't show any problem.  

I tried to profile the monitor with spyder3 pro and used program with color management (like photoshop) to look at my photos.

I would like to know if it is a hardware related problem? Has anyone else see the problem on his/her monitor, or is it just mine? 

I don't have a digital camera with me right now, will upload some photos when I got my digtial camera back

1 Message

July 9th, 2010 07:00

You have to reinstall the monitor driver or just use default windows plag&play monitor driver.:emotion-1:

1 Message

September 19th, 2010 00:00

Hi,

I may have jumped the gun a little. it seems lightroom is causing the dithering problem. when moving the lightroom window across the two screen it would dither and undither... strange....

============ prev post

Hi,

I believe I have the exact same problem as you. See attached image for what I see on my screen. Left is the u2311h and right is the dell 2001fp.

Is this the same problem as you?

(Larger pic at: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...&postcount=375)

Did you manage to solve it?

I have reinstalled the drivers as per the suggested answer, but it's not doing anything.

Your reply would be much appreciated.

No Events found!