Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 2nd, 2011 06:00

Dell U2410 rev. A05 changes?

Since the internet tells me that a new firmware is out for the dell U2410 I would like to know  what the changes are in this version. Thank you in advance for the information.

511 Posts

December 21st, 2011 09:00

I believe from what I've read the pink/green tint was resolved completely in A02. From what the Liason has said A03/04/05 were all firmware changes. A01 and A02 were hardware. I don't know whats new with A06, I would believe firmware because there does not appear to be many issues present with A05. There might be later revisions, I've seen some people advertise A07 or A08, but I believe the issues that were present have been resolved. If  you want, I will post if there are any issues with my A06.

3 Posts

December 21st, 2011 09:00

So now we have a Rev A6.  I am still wondering what the situation is with the

pink/green color shifts.  Has the latest firmware or latest Rev models taken care of this problem?

3 Posts

December 21st, 2011 10:00

Thanks, balong48.  I would love to hear if your Rev 6 is free of color shifts.  I     haave not seen anywhere that Rev 2 was already

color-shift free.  I have seen where some have not been able to color correct with colorimeters, etc/

I have been holding off, because a a photographer the color balance is important.  Thanks.

511 Posts

December 25th, 2011 08:00

From what it looks like, my Rev. A06 has no color-shifting. The colors are very sharp and are pretty balanced. Reds might need some adjusting, they seem a bit brighter than other colors. I think you would really enjoy using this monitor for photography when you get it calibrated. It comes factory calibrated, but it may not be to your liking.

511 Posts

January 9th, 2012 16:00

The revision number is on the pull out tab, which is on the left side of the monitor, right behind the usb ports. It will slide out sideways, and will have your Date of Manufacture, Serial Number, Revision Number, and Model.

6 Posts

January 9th, 2012 16:00

How do you find the revision number on these monitors?  I don't see any labels on mine.

Thanks.

5 Posts

January 10th, 2012 10:00

The number is now up to Rev AO8 on my new (UK) u2410, October 2011 build.

6 Posts

January 10th, 2012 16:00

OK, Cool!  Did not know that.  I had my first and second 2408's replaced (due to vertical lines) recently (December 2011)and they sent me a U2410 in place of it, manufacture date is Nov 2011 and Rev A06.  So I guess it is not a refurb.  Thanks!

January 25th, 2012 06:00

I've just set up my new U2410, revision A08 China Oct 2011, and am disappointed to find that it still has the green-pink tint that so many people have reported from the very beginning, back in 2009. I'm still trying to decide whether to go to the hassle of returning it. It is quite obvious that the left side of this forum page is slightly green and the right side is slightly pink.

1 Message

January 26th, 2012 07:00

Would it be too much to ask for a lightness control so that the custom colour can actually be calibrated? Perhaps a decent multi-point gamma?

My colours on the AdobeRGB preset are above 20 delta E (CIE94, measured with an i1pro). That's far worse than any TV I've measured out of the box. The other presets are no better.

My revision is A05 by the way.  Very disappointed with this monitor. Come on Dell, the electronics must be there to fix it, all we need is the means.

1 Message

February 5th, 2012 12:00

All LG IPS panels have pink/green tinting issues from the monitors up to their big screen televisions. Read some home theater forums and you'll find them complaining about the same stuff. No revision is going to fix this, just better quality control from LG and/or Dell. They're beautiful screens when you get a good one, but sometimes it takes some returns to make that happen.

7 Posts

March 23rd, 2012 21:00

Hello Dell team, Sorry bother you but I've try lots of diferent adapters to connect my 15" macbook pro thunderbolt to my U2410 Dell display. The thing is that with my old MBPro everything it is great, but on my new one the screen look's grainy. I've heard about an uptade called A02 that I can do it on my monitor. Where can I find it? How to proced? I've test the thumderbolt out on a local store on a thunderbolt display and worked fine. So neither my monitor it is broken or the thunderbolt out, they are just not working toghether. Could you please help me out? Thank you so much Best regards Igor

548 Posts

March 26th, 2012 02:00

This thread is about firmware revisions.

See U2410 & Thunderbolt Issues for comments specifically about your issue.

July 20th, 2012 05:00

Hi Everyone, seems a few people have this issue and its still common in new models. Does anyone have any updates as of July 2012. Im looking at buying two but holding back to see if this issues has been resolved. Anyone recently purchased these monitors in 2012? Would love to hear people feedback. And also whats the outcome been for all those that have had the issue. Has a replacement been the fix? or is it hit and miss. Do you need to be lucky to get a good one?

20 Posts

October 10th, 2012 14:00

I have two U2410 REV A07 and they both have the buzzing issue when the brightness is set to anything lower that 78.  Out of the box, the Brightness and Contrast is set to 50.  So It buzzes loudly as soon as you power it on.  They are both going back and I'm getting the HP 24" IPS.  

No Events found!