Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

October 31st, 2016 11:00

U2412M, USB ports not working after PC power on

Hi,

I use a U2412M monitor, where I use the side USB panels to connect my mobile phone, but these ports won't work after a fresh system start any more after upgrading my system. The previous system was a i7 950 based one, with Sabertooth motherboard, the current one is i7 6700k with Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard, same PSU. I use WIndows 10 x64. I have to disconnect the monitor's USB enabling cable from the rear end of my cabinet and plug it back in to establish connection, which is obviously time wasting and annoying. But when I turn my system on in morning after a full shut down at night then it won't work automatically, that disconnect-reconnect thing has to be done manually. What's causing this? I have installed the latest driver too which was released on Oct 2015 for U2412M too, no good.

Thanks in advance,

Saurav

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 2nd, 2016 09:00

What operating system was the previous system running? List all of the USB ports and color (black or blue) on the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard. The U2412M only has USB 2.0. So the U2412M USB upstream cable should be connected to a black USB port on the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard, not a blue USB 3.0 port.

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 12:00

Previous system was using Windows 10 too.

I only have two USB 2.0 ports on my board, which are occupied by my mouse and keyboard, so I was forced to use the USB 3.0 port for the monitor. But that was the first thought which came to my mind, that USB 3.0 is causing this issue, so I plugged the monitor's cable to USB 2.0 and changed my keyboard to USB 3.0. Exactly same thing, keyboard powered up even with USB 3.0, this is a six year old G15 but no power for the monitor's USB cable after system turn on. Gotta do that disconnect-reconnect thing manually.

That's all the peripherals I have connected anyway, only keyboard, mouse and the monitor, nothing else. I asked the same on Asus Z170's topic on Overclocker's too, they suggested to increase the PCH Core voltage, did that, no help.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 2nd, 2016 13:00

Can you test the monitor on another computer to see if the issue follows the monitor? If the issue does not appear using a different computer, the monitor is ok.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2021 20:00

I have same problem with one of my PCs, it occurred after installing Windows 10 1803 I believe.  Ever since then, that computer has required me to unplug and replug every one of the 4 Dell 2412's attached to it to get my USB devices working again.  

It has not worked right since then, but it's also not 100% either.  Sometimes they come on, sometimes they do not.

It only affects the 2412s, anything attached directly to the computer's ports works as normal.

I'm also having an issue with my 5th 2412 and my first ever attempt to use it's built-in USB ports on my laptop.  I think the 2412 has significant issues with Windows >= 1803.

And being that they are many year old monitors at this point, I really don't expect Dell or Microsoft to do anything about it:(

No Events found!