Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 1st, 2016 12:00

Dell U2414H black screen at Windows 10 start

I made a clean install of Windows 10 and noticed that after restarting PC I see black screen instead of desktop (the BIOS loading and windows 10 loading screen are okay). If I turn monitor off and on, then everything is working, I can see the desktop. After another windows restart I have the same issue and have to turn monitor off and on again. It also worth mentioning that if I start PC by pressing power button (not a restart), then everything works fine.

Previously I had windows 7 running with this monitor for more than a year without any problems, so I think that it's related to windows 10 compatibility. Installing windows 10 drivers from DELL's site didn't help.

* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number?

CN-09TG46-74261-484-71VL     (there is also "T" letter after some free space, dont know if it's related to the serial number)
* What specific computer model?

DELL U2414H
* What operating system?

Windows 10 PRO x64
* What video card?

GTX 770
* Video card driver version?

368.81 (latest, clean install)
* What video out ports are available on the video card?

HDMI, DVI-I, DisplayPort
* What video out port are you using from the video card to what video in port on the monitor?

HDMI
* What cable are you using to attach the video card to the monitor?

HDMI cable
* What windows power plan? Example = High performance, PCI-e Link State Off

High performance, sleep is turned off
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. What is listed?

1920x1080
* Was the monitor purchased from Dell or some reseller?

reseller

No Responses!
No Events found!