Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 6th, 2015 13:00

Dell U2711 Green pixels

Hey,

I have more than 3 years old Dell U2711 monitor and for some months now my monitor has started showing moving green pixels on half of the monitor. The problem is not in the cables, because i can see the pixels even when i'm navigating the monitors menu without any video cables attached. 

Sometimes when i turn the monitor, or push the frames gently, the problem disappear for few days, and then it comes back. So i'm quite sure that it's contact failure. The monitor is doesn't seem to overheat and i keep it at around 26% brightness and i've tried switching the power cable. Also my DisplayPort cable is brand new that i'm using.

Is there any chance to fix it by opening the monitor?  And for some reason dell system detect or manually typing tag wont recognize my monitor..

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 9th, 2015 13:00

If the U2711 originally shipped from the USA or Asia Pacific, your regions site will not see the service tag. Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor components, or have disassembly documentation. We simply exchange the monitor while inside the purchased warranty period and send the defective monitor back to the manufacturer. You could take it to a local TV repair center to see if they can diagnose the issue. Then look for spare parts on ebay.

No Events found!