Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2013 17:00

Dell U3011 monitor color issues - changes color after sleep mode

Hello, 

I just got my Dell u3011 a few  days ago and have noticed an issue with the color, basically it changes color after it comes out of sleep mode. Then if I turn off the monitor and then turn it back on again it then goes back to the original color.

I took a photo about a minute apart to demonstrate 01.jpg is what appears after sleep mode, so more cool tones, then when I switch off the monitor and then switch it back on it straight away goes back to yellow tones 02.jpg The setting is on SRGB, but it will do the same thing for any preset modes.

http://content.screencast.com/users/inki123/folders/Jing/media/94750c1b-a034-46f9-b6ee-afe5b44ad65c/2013-01-13_1135.png

Because of this I don't know even which one is technically the correct colour.

I actually prefer the colors that come out of sleep mode, cooler tones, I find the initial colours way to yellow and dull in SRGB so I am skeptical that the whole system colours are working properly at all.

What should I do? I am not really happy about this at all.

5 Posts

January 13th, 2013 16:00

I'm not sure why you are getting the colour change after sleep mode, but you could probably benefit from calibrating your monitor and applying a defined colour profile using a hardware calibration tool like a ColorMunky or Spyder. My guess is that the 'yellow' profile is more accurate as in my experience screens (of any make) are almost always pre-set too blue.

2 Posts

January 13th, 2013 18:00

Well I do have ColorMunky so I did run this, and yep the 'yellow' profile must be way off. When I do the ColorMunky  it looks great, and even the SRGB version switches to what it looks like before the 'yellow' tones, but again as soon as I switch off the monitor it goes back to the yellowish tinge. I think I am going to just ask for a next day return.

No Events found!