Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 29th, 2017 22:00

Dell U3417W - Device driver software was not successfully installed USB2734/USB5734 Failed

cn0fr3pk7426169u03ml  from Best Buy.

monitor firmware M3B101 

Input HDMI2  USB2

Monitor is displaying picture fine when connected to a Latitude E5450 running Windows 7 via HDMI .

However, when I connect the supplied USB cable between the monitor and any of the computer's USB ports, I get USB2734 Failed and USB5734 Failed in the Driver Software Installation window "Device driver software was not successfully installed".    

There are no other external USB devices plugged into the laptop other than the monitor.  There are no USB devices plugged into the monitor.   I installed both of the software packages on the Drivers and downloads page.  Dell_u3417w-monitor_a00-00_drvr_mtvmn.exe and ddmsetup1759.exe

I was able to successfully get the USB connection to install to my Dell XPS running Windows 10. 

May 30th, 2017 21:00

After a couple of iterations of  testing, it appears to be Windows 7 related.  

I resolved the problem by finding the Unknown entries in the Device Manager, right clicking on them one at a time, chose properties, driver, upgrade driver, search the Internet.

The hub in the monitor was recognized and I was able to used the usb devices plugged into it.

No Events found!