Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

April 9th, 2018 22:00

Dell eBay site, International Warranty, Monitors

Hi,

I am looking at buying Dell U3818DW monitor from either the Dell Australia website or the Dell Australia ebay site. When I was chatting with a Dell sales rep online (via customer care) he said that if I move countries I can submit an International warranty transfer form and switch the warranty to the country that I will move to.

However, when I asked the same question from the ebay Dell Australia seller (official Dell account on ebay Australia), this is the reply I got

"The monitors we sell in our Dell eBay Store only covers warranty within Australia. If something goes wrong with the unit, it will go through our Customer Care at Dell. They will be the one who will assess the item and arrange recollection and replacement if needed."

Can someone please clarify this for me? As far as I am aware all authorized Dell dealers (the ebay account being one) have the same warranty conditions. Does this mean if I buy from ebay then I won't be able to transfer warranty if I move countries?

• 

17K Posts

April 10th, 2018 04:00

TJ2k,

1 Not buying directly from our Dell Australia site will only complicate matters for you.
Dell Australia price = $1737
Dell Australia eBay price = $1,899

2. The Dell sales site for the country you are moving to must sell the U3818DW. Check that countries Dell sales site.

3. Click the links below for warranty and warranty transfer information.

Ownership Transfer and Retail Registration Guide

How to Find Warranty Status and Information

No Events found!