Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2010 18:00

Dell s2209w monitor screen is flickers with blurry image and clours have a smudgy effect

I have a Dell s2209w Flat panel monitor . Since purchase for more han a year i dint have any problem. But now my monitor screen is flickering all of a sudden. The image becomes blurry and clours have a smudgy effect. There are also some vertcal lines. My warranty has expired since Oct''2010. I contacted Dell Techenical support they are asking me to renew the service Warranty which is unresonably high. So can any one suggest me how can i resolve the problem myself?

I trusted the Dell monitor to be trouble free, but in just an year it is giving problem. Very dissappointed !

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 3rd, 2010 07:00

Does the issue occur in Safemode? Test both VGA and DVI one at a time.

Take the computer out of the monitor troubleshooting equation. If the monitor passes the Self-Test Feature Check (STFC), then the culprit is the video card driver or the video card itself.
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all monitor cords from the computer
* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the rear of the monitor
* Press and hold the monitor power button in for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the monitor power cord to the rear of the monitor
* Turn the monitor on
* The floating (correct colors) red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background. If it doesn't appear correctly, the monitor is defective. If it appears correctly, the culprit is either the video card driver, cable, or video card

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2010 09:00

Thank for the reply... I trid the procedure, after switching on the power as said the RED/Blue/Green appears on the screen but the screen has a blur effect all over.. So is there any problem with the monitor?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 6th, 2010 11:00

Sounds like it is defective. Get it replaced. If you only have a monitor order number, you should contact Order Support. If your monitor was purchased tied to a Dell PC, contact Technical Support. They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Operating system:
Video Card:
Video Card Ports Tested:
Reason:
Troubleshooting Done:

No Events found!