Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2009 11:00

Dell sent me a REFURBISHED monitor by accident?

I have the newest 24" UltraSharp 2408WFP, I bought two of them and from using both of them side by side, I am not even going to try and kid myself anymore that no two monitors are the same. I believe one of them sent to me is NOT NEW. I have to UP the brightness a ton more on the bad one to get it to match the good monitor.

Also, the bad one seems to be flickering at times which gets really annoying. The power button on the bad one is even dimmer than on the good one.

Can a Dell rep on here please give me info on who I need to contact to get a replacement sent to me? I would call, but I get transferred back and forth about 12-15 times, so I want to get this done online.

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

You can't contact Dell through this user to user forum here. Try using online Chat at Dell Support if you are in US.

I'm in the US and I can't get pass the service tag when the monitor doesn't have one to be able to chat with support. You have any other suggestions for me?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 2nd, 2009 14:00

Contact DELL-Cares via a private message. Provide to them the Dell Order number which is on the monitor invoice. They can then look up your account using the Dell order number. You will also need to provide the following information -

Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason:

May 2nd, 2009 17:00

Chris,

I just called the number you gave me and you guessed it, I got transferred back and forth 8 times until I just hung up. Is there an email address I can email or a number to someone from the USA at Dell that I can get a hold of direct to get an advanced exchange on my monitor?

I paid a ton of money to get a good monitor and for the warranty when things like this happens, but what good is the warranty if I can't get a hold of anyone that knows anything?

Please help me.

Thanks.

May 2nd, 2009 21:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for doing this for me, I really appreciate it, can you tell me how I can reach you privately?

*UPDATE* I think I figured it out, sending you the requested info now.

No Events found!