Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2013 05:00

Dell u2713HM loud crackling noise from top right of monitor

Hi, 

Today I received my brand new u2713hm from amazon. 

Screen quality is excellent (slight issue with the yellow tinting in the bottom left corner but not even noticeable in normal conditions)

However, It has a very loud crackling noise coming from the top right of the screen. It really is loud and can be heard over my desktop pc fans (I am not exaggerating). After soo many poor reviews talking about the yellow tinting I didn't expect a different issue to be the problem I face. I have continued using the screen in hope the noise goes away but it seems to have got louder.

Has anyone else had this issue? Why is the quality control so poor on a high end product?

Thanks

James

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 30th, 2013 08:00

jbenson-uk,

Not buying directly from Dell complicates matters. You now need to transfer the ownership of the U2713HM service tag from the reseller into your name. Use this form: https://www.onlineregister.com/dell/?c=us&l=en

I have not seen this issue being reported. Can you post a video on youtube allowing us to hear the crackling noise?

What revision is this U2713HM (A00, A01) ?

2 Posts

May 30th, 2013 09:00

I have already requested a return from amazon and they are organising a replacement for me.

Below is a link to the video.

As well as this I have done some reading on here and saw people mentioning a loud buzzing noise when displaying text. My monitor also has this issue.

Other than this (and the yellow backlight issues in the corner like other people have shown) the screen looks fantastic, much better anti glare coating than the u2711.

No Events found!