Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2013 23:00

Display Issues.

Hello there People,

I got a Dell CRT Monitor from one of my friend. Without attaching anything to it , the monitor when Started displays "Check Signal Cable" message.

Yesterday , I bought used DELL GX260 CPU from seller. The CPU was working fine at his place, when I checked. 

When I checked the CPU on my monitor, the Monitor does not display anything and it shows Blank Screen with Power Light turning Green to Orange ?? And as soon as I remove the CPU-Monitor connection it again displays "Check Signal Cable"

From what I assume, CPU is working fine, but maybe is the issue with Monitor's Signal Cable ?? If yes, then in CRT can we change the signal cable ??

Please help.

Thanks.

July 21st, 2013 02:00

In case the Monitor cable or connector has issues. How can I change the Service Cable with or without assistance.

2.6K Posts

July 21st, 2013 02:00

Hello Hitendra.Desai,

The error message "Check Signal Cable" means that the computer is not able to communicate with the monitor and unable to display anything on the screen. Hence I would request you to try using a different cable (VGA cable) and check if that works. You may also try connecting a known good monitor (if available) to the computer and check if that works.

Please try the steps and write back with your findings.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 21st, 2013 13:00

Hitendra.Desai,

We need to know the specific Dell monitor model.

No Events found!