Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2014 03:00

Does Dell Service really everywhere???

My Dell U3011 ultra-sharp bought in April 2013, developed a problem with it's power input. Considering the power input has always had a plug in it and has never been touched, how that can get damaged escapes me. However, called up Dell Service and they came over and picked up the Monitor on the 26th of November, 2014. And since then have not heard from them. And every time you call after almost an hour on the call, finally you reach the concerned department. Then they ask for an express service code, which is on the back of the monitor which is with them. Now if this service code/tag was so bloody  important then their staff who picked up the monitor should have asked me to write it down. So every time i have to start explaining from the start and they take down all my data and keep giving me new numbers. When i call the next time, the number given the previous time has no meaning. it starts all over again. and the best part....at every stage....the person on the line can not find any data on the status of my monitor. They apologise and then send mails to the concerned departments for updates (or so they claim) because after having been through their sorry stories at least 5 times, i think they have a wormhole...in which all their escalations and mails disappear. As has my monitor! Does Dell Service  everywhere in the world or is this just an Indian problem. .

December 16th, 2014 03:00

Why did you just give your monitor to some dude?  All dell ultrasharps have 3 years next business day exchange service.  It works like this: Call complain jump through some hoops, replacement is delivered next day, accept delivery, check the monitor is ok - take a few days if you like, send the old broken monitor back.

2 Posts

December 16th, 2014 04:00

Whaaat??? Well ALL, it didn't work like that for me. In fact the call centre informed me of no such provision. I have been without a monitor for weeks now. I guess i have been shortchanged and need to raise a stink. Thanks for the help.

No Events found!