Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2014 12:00

E2014T touch not working in Win 7?

Does touch option work with Win 7? I tried connecting to several different computers all running Win 7 and could not get it to work. One of the computer is a Dell Optiplex 745. I called dell tech support and was told that I have to enable touch on my computer and that not all computers come with touch feature, is that true? I've read lots comments from others saying it worked with win 7 and nowhere did they ever mention needing additional requirement on a computer to make it work?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 9th, 2014 20:00

Let's start with the basics.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_Display/dell-e2014t_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Page 10 of your E2014T User's Guide.
"Connect the USB cable from the monitor to the computer to allow you to use the USB ports and touch screen function on the monitor."

Touch Calibration is then done through the Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system.
* Open the Windows Control Panel
* Open Hardware and Sound
* Open Tablet PC Settings
* Select Calibration
* Follow the instructions to recalibrate your screen

2 Posts

August 10th, 2014 01:00

I already tried these steps and the screen does not recognize my touch. I'm starting to think the problem is with the monitor which was bought on Amazon. I'm planning to return it and buy the same one directly from Dell.

My one concern is whether it will work with my Dell Optiplex 745 which originally came with XP, was upgraded to win 7, and soon to win 8? According to the Dell rep I spoke with on the phone earlier this week not all computers are touch screen compatible, is that true? All the computers I've tried connecting with this monitor were purchased within the last 3 years running on 64x bit system. I want to make sure the incompatibility is not with my computers before going through all the trouble purchasing another touch screen.

Thanks for your help.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 10th, 2014 18:00

We never offered Windows 7 support on the Optiplex 745. So the version of Windows 7 that was loaded on this system was never validated by Dell. I honestly cannot know what "Touch" capabilities it may have. I do know that systems that were validated with our OEM Windows 7 have touch capability.

No Events found!