Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 10th, 2007 16:00

Flat Panel Monitor problem Black screen model E197FPb

I purchased a Dell E197FPb monitor (stand alone) in November of 2006 About 2 weeks ago while playing a game it went black. Disconnected from video card with no change. Did notice the test screen but very faint. Tried the buttons on front of monitor with no change. Almost looks like a lamp bulb went out. Is this under warranty? Where can I take it to be fixed or isn't it worth the trouble? Live near Harrisburg, PA.
Dave

April 12th, 2009 20:00

Sorry I’m getting this feed late, but in any case, it depends if you purchased a 3 or 4 year warranty or not. I can’t speak for DELL, but it seems like it would be covered under warranty to me. A couple things I would check too:

1.     Make sure the electrical outlet is good and grounded properly.

2.     Make sure you have it plugged into a surge protector – any electrical anomaly can cause damage to electronic devices.

3.     Make sure the monitor’s driver is installed and current.

4.     Try swapping cables too – bad cables can result in all sorts of transmission issues.

5.     Try to duplicate the issue with a different PC (if available) 

If it’s still under warranty call DELL support - they will be able to tell you how to proceed and if they will repair/replace it. If it’s not under warranty...you may consider calling DELL to see if you can purchase an extended warranty because chances are the price to repair would be cost prohibitive and you may consider buying a new one. Hope this helps.

FYI: the buttons on the front of the monitor don’t typically function when the monitor is not receiving a video signal or is disconnected.

No Events found!