Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 16th, 2003 16:00

HELP: No video and fast flashing green LED

I have a Dimension 4100 with a P790 Monitor. The monitor worked fine last time it was in use but now will not show any picture. I have completed all the self-tests I can, based upon the support on this site, with the following results:

1. The PC boots normally with a single "beep" at POST.

2. The monitor does not show any self-test check screen (or any other) when started connected to a clean power source, but not connected to any PC. There is just a blank screen as though the monitor were off, but the single green LED on the front flashes rapidly.

3. The monitor does not show any self-test check screen (or any other) when started connected to a second, known to be working, PC. As above, there is just a blank screen as though the monitor were off, but the single green LED on the front flashes rapidly.

4. I have seen posts that refer to reseting factory settings by pushing combinations of the controls simultaineously. This has no effect.

Th

410 Posts

November 16th, 2003 22:00

It sounds like the monitor is dead. The flashing light indicates its in suspend mode according to Dell docs. If it won't go into self check mode then it sounds like you need to shop for a new monitor. unless its under warranty of course.

November 17th, 2003 07:00

Thanks John.

Yes, that was what I suspected. The monitor is out of warranty I believe, although it has only had very light use :(

I was hoping that I'd missed something obvious, but I guess not!

No Events found!