Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2011 19:00

How do you get help from Dell when the product they sold you does not have a Service Tag & you don't want an invasive system scan?

How do you get help from Dell when the product they sold you does not have a Service Tag & you don't want an invasive system scan?  The Dell support site does not give you the option of providing you serial number.  It gives you the option of selecting a model.  However, my S2330MX monitor is not listed.  As a result, I can't leave support an email to ask a question.....or 2.

1 Message

November 1st, 2011 20:00

Good luck with that. I also had a problem with my monitor - I was sent a faulty power cord right out of the box. It took me four tries before the site accepted my Service Tag and by the time I finally navigated my way to chat, I waited for :30 min before I had to go on to something else away from my computer. An hour later I tried again, entered the same information, went to chat and got a message that chat was not available for my system. A half-hour I wasted waiting in queue only to find out they can't help me. When I finally got someone on the phone, they kept trying to tell me how to connect my monitor to the computer. That wasn't the issue, it was definitely the power cord because I was getting no power, I used the power cord from the computer to trouble shoot and my monitor came on like a charm.

All I wanted was a replacement power cord. It took me nearly two hours.

Welcome to Dell Customer Service -- also known as the seventh circle of hades....

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2011 09:00

pingzing2,

* Go back to the top of the Monitors Forum
* Open, Check this FAQ before posting your question
* Open, My monitor does not have a Service Tag, how do I get Dell service?

No Events found!