Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2007 15:00

I have 2 dead 2007WFP Monitors!

The other day all of a sudden my 2007WFP monitor would not power on. Checked power cord, tried new outlet, nothing. Contacted Dell support, they sent out a replacement. Received the replacement, discarded all old cords (power, DVI, usb) and connect new power cord to monitor. Able to turn monitor on, saw "Dell" logo. Turned monitor off, connected all remaining cables. Turned PC, pressed power button on monitor - nothing. Now the replacement is dead as well. What is going on? I have a dimension xps 600 and am using a surge protector. Everything else plugged in is working fine and getting power - just not the monitor. I tried the troubleshooting I found on the forum (remove all cords, hold power button 5 secs, reconnect only power/dvi, turn on pc) but nothing works. I saw some other people with the same problem. Did you get it resolved? PLEASE HELP!!!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 17th, 2007 16:00

z_westbrook,

While testing, plug the monitor power cord directly into the wall socket. Any difference?

May 17th, 2007 17:00

Thank you for the response Chris. I tried directly in the outlet, tried a different room, and also tried connecting to my laptop and cycling the display modes. Nothing worked! What is next? Another replacement? :(

-Zac

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 17th, 2007 18:00

z_westbrook,

It seems very odd that two should have the exact issue...Are you using these in your home, apartment?

May 17th, 2007 18:00

This is in an apartment that I recently moved in to. Like I said, all other items are working fine, it is just the monitor(s). I'm stumped!

May 17th, 2007 20:00

Well, called tech support and after assuring the rep that the power cord is in fact plugged in all the way, they are now sending me another replacement.

Third time is a charm???

Chris, I can send you the dispatch and case #s if you are interested. This is very frustrating.

-Zac

1 Message

December 24th, 2012 11:00

I just had a similar problem happen to me.

One of my computers has 2 monitors connected at all times, a big one 27" and a small 18".

The big monitor just died and did the same thing with a different big monitor about a month ago.  These were both brand new big monitors.

When it happened the first time, I thought the monitors just went bad.  But when it happened again today on the same computer, it seemed strange.  With the 16 other computers I've had in the office I've never had a monitor go bad.

Does anyone think this could be caused by the computer?

Both big monitors no longer have power reaching them.  I've done all the basic switch cables, power cord, etc troubleshooting.  The computer and other monitors are plugged into the same UPS outlet.

No Events found!