Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2012 17:00

IN1920 Sleep mode

Hi,

where do I change the sleep mode time for the IN1920?  I want the monitor to stay on longer before it powers down.

TIA,

James

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 9th, 2012 20:00

Hi semaj24,

You will be able to change the sleep mode time on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change it on Windows 7 computer.

1. Click on the Start button and open the Control Panel.
  2. Once in the Control Panel, change your view to either Large icons or Small icons. Look for and click on the Power Options setting.
  3. From the list on the left hand side of the Control Panel window, select Change when the computer sleeps.
  4. From the drop down box next to Put the computer to sleep, select the amount of time you would like Windows 7 to wait before entering sleep state. If you don't want Windows 7 to ever sleep, select Never from the list – this basically disables the sleep function.
  5. When done, click the Save Changes button to exit. You can then close the Control Panel unless you want to make other changes

Please reply for any queries.

4 Posts

October 9th, 2012 22:00

Hi Ravi,

I should have given more detail in my 1st post.  Under CP, hardware and sound i can change when the monitor and computer turn off but they are both set to 3 hours but the monitor (IN1920) not the computer goes to sleep after 15 mins.  This only started after doing a clean install of WIN7 Ultimate due to a virus.

Its not a big issue but any ideas would be great.

TIA,

James

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 15th, 2012 01:00

Hi semaj24,

You will be able to change the sleep mode time on the computer. . Please follow the steps mentioned below to change it on Windows 7 computer.

1. Click on the Start button and open the Control Panel.
  2. Once in the Control Panel, change your view to either Large icons or Small icons. Look for and click on the Power Options setting.
  3. Select ‘Balanced’ and click on ‘Change plan settings’.
  4. Change the ‘Turn off the Display’ to ‘3 hours’ or ‘Never’.
  5. Change the ‘Put the computer to sleep to 3 hours’.
  6. Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’.
  7. On ‘Advanced settings’ click on ‘+’ sign beside ‘Sleep’
  8. Click on ‘+’ ‘Sleep after’ check if it is changed to ‘3 hours’ or ‘Never’.
  9. Click on ‘+’ ‘Allow hybrid sleep’ turn the setting ‘Off’.
  10. Click on ‘+’ ‘Hibernate after’ change it to ‘3 hours’ or ‘Never’.
  11. Scroll down click on ‘+’ sign beside ‘Display’
  12. Click on ‘+’ ‘Turn of the display after’ check if it is changed to ‘3 hours’ or ‘Never’.
  13. Click on ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’
  14. Restart the computer and check for the issue resolution.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!